Τετάρτη, 4 Μαΐου 2016
“trEAT better for yourself”
03-10 April 2016
03-10 April 2016
Summary of the project:
“trEAT better for yourself” is a youth exchange to for 40 young people from different European countries, organised by One Step Forward Youth Group.
This Project has emerged due to some special reasons such as the increasing number of unhealthy diet of people especially in recent years, the loss of traditional values associated with loneliness, and has been required to be implemented in order to revitalise the lost cultural values through food and increase the cultural diversity. In the interest of achieving the purpose, we desire to reach four main targets as the followings;
1. To Narrow down Fast Food’s place in our life,
2. To regain our lost cooking skills and dexterity as a result we have stopped cooking,
3. To update our bygone food culture by synthesising it with contemporary food culture,
4. To show the importance of learning by doing and experiencing. In order to achieve our targets;
• Teaching how to cook traditional foods,
• Performing gastronomic presentations,
• Preparing the introductory presentation of the organizations and some other activities have been planned. During performance processes of those activities, mainly non-formal education methods will be used.
Our trip to Ankara was an amazing experience since we have learned so many things about many cultures. Also the program was amazing since the fun we had is hard to be explained... from the jokes and the warm up games, to the serious and intense conversations that we had. We loved the way we participated in all the activities of the “ trEAT Yourself Better” program with such energy and excitement. We want to thank you from our heart for these wonderful days, fun and in all kind of ways, experience. We hope to hear from you again
Recently I have travelled abroad on a program which the European Union offers to people from the age of 17 to 30 and the main cause is the education on different subjects each time. In my case it was the first time I entered a program like this and also the first time l left my country and travelled abroad. In the beginning I was feeling nervous because it was my first time and I had never done anything like this before. As soon as I met the other people from the other countries, I felt like they were my family. They made me feel really comfortable with all the activities we did there. Each and every day was special for me and as the days passed by I felt more and more excited about the project. Everything was great, the people I met, the activities and the traveling too. It was also the first time on an airplane. I will never forget this experience. It was something unique that I would certainly like to do again.